Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Scrubs Season 9-I might already be disappointed.

When the end of season 8 was approaching ever too fast, I was very nervous as to how they were going to end the show. As an avid watcher of the show since the very beginning, there is nothing more upsetting than having a crappy series finale (Seinfeld Fans, I am sure you know this feeling). And when the final episode aired, I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled as I thought to myself, "This is exactly how I pictured it." However, a few months later I caught wind of the possibility of a season 9. Aside from the days that my 3 nephews were born, this was the happiest day of my life. Like a true fan/stalker I followed Scrubs and their writers on Twitter so I could be up to date on everything that was happening. And sure enough, December 1, 2009, Season 9 was to begin to air. Needless to say I have marked the day in my calendar and have made a conscious effort to not make plans for that evening. Now as the eventful day is approaching, my close friends on Twitter are giving me bits of information that I am not to pleased with. For those of you who don't repeatedly watch the show like I do, JD (played by Zach Braff) was the main character of the show. He brought 50% of the humor (the other 50 brought by Dr. Cox, Janitor, Turk, Elliot and Dr. Kelso) and never disappointed. Until now. Hardcore fans, brace yourself. JD is no longer the main character in Season 9. He is a recurring role that is to make a few guest appearances. Pissed? You bet I am!! Just wait, it gets better. Sacred Heart, the sacred place that captured my heart is no longer where the show takes place. Apparently the "writers" of the show thought it best to change it up. News Flash! You cant decide after 8 phenomenal seasons to all of a sudden change EVERYTHING about the show. Remember when Saved By The Bell did the college years and then the new class. I think I made my point. So now, our lovable Turk and Dr. Cox are med school professors. SAY WHAT! Where did this come from? A little bit random if you ask me. Now riddle me this. If there is no Scared Heart, where is Janitor going to be Janitoring? If they get rid of one more main character on this show, I may have to start boycotting the show and use that 30 minutes a week to write hate mail to the creators of this already disappointing season. Now, what was a feeling of sheer joy has been replaced by dread. I am very much not looking forward to December 1st. You can bet your sweet ass that I will be writing a follow up immediately following the airing of season 9 episode 1. And Im 90% sure that I will not have good things to say. Until then, so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment